Senior Data Engineer
Data Idols are working with one of the UK’s most exciting Insuretech industry disruptors. This company have revolutionised an age-old industry offering something completely new to their large base of customers. They have raised over £17 million in funding and have huge growth plans this year.
Using the latest technologies to make real time risk based insurance decisions is key to their success as a Senior Data Engineer you will be instrumental to the continued growth of the business.
They have nurtured a great team culture and they always speak up when they have ideas. They are building a diverse team with different experiences, backgrounds, and outlooks.
This is a newly created role that sits within a wider data team that will help define and shape the next stage of our client’s product offerings. You will be working with modern data technologies
They are looking for a Data Engineer that will be a crucial part of designing and owning our clients Data Engineering architecture, making sure it is scalable and optimised for cost and efficiency. Ensure the data is accurate, people can get to it easily and understand it enough to make decisions from it and make sure we have more of it than anyone else.
- Owning the pipelines and data warehouse how well people can get and access the information
- Leading, building and mentoring the DE team
- Ensuring the data is easily accessible and simple to use for other teams in the company
- Work with the pricing, marketing and Business Intelligence functions and provide dedicated resources
- Working with Leads to drive technical standards including
- Responsible for the code produced by the engineers within your team
- Responsible for DWH performance
- Work closely with the backend team to ensure scalability and maintainable pipelines are created from operational data stores.
- Own analytical data warehouse internal structure and performance targets
- Act as a mentor and grow the data engineers within the team
- Set standards
- Work with the backend team to make sure internal data sources are connected to the data warehouse
- Work to make sure stakeholder requirements are well understood
- Be responsible to hire and onboard new data engineers as the company grows
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Excellent Python
- Previous experience working in a cloud-based environment – AWS/GCP
- Proficient with data modelling
- Experience with cloud, container, and micro service infrastructures
£70,000 – £85,000
If this is something that you’d like to explore, then please send in your CV for further information.
Senior Data Engineer