The Data Science Festival aims to build an amazing community where all Data enthusiasts can thrive. We run online, in-person events, an annual conference, and an educational platform for all things Data.
We are looking for a tech passionate Apprentice to fill our Junior Events Coordinator role. You will work with our dedicated Community Director and Senior Events Coordinator in our office based in Milton Keynes.
As an Apprentice Junior Events Coordinator you will help to deliver monthly Live and Digital events and build your skills in the event industry. Our clients include Facebook, ASOS, Deliveroo, Depop, Just Eat, and many other flagship brands.
Responsibilities and skill development. The Apprentice Junior Events role will include:
– Shadowing and learning from Senior members of the events team.
– All aspects of event planning, promotion, and delivery.
– Liaising with Suppliers, Clients, and Speakers via email and hangouts.
– Venue and speaker finding
– Attending exhibitions
– Creating proposals for venues, entertainment, or themes.
– On-site event assistance, monthly travel to London
– Occasional site visits and client meetings
– Preparing contracts and invoices for suppliers and clients
– Brand development and marketing
– Social media scheduling
– Using a Mac computer/Excel/PowerPoint/Word
– CRM training
– General administration duties
– 1 day a week assigned to complete apprenticeship coursework.
Experience & Skills
- Show a passion for Tech and the Events Industry
- Be comfortable in a start-up environment
- Good time management, planning, and organisation skills
- Great communication skills
- A keen eye for detail
- Being able to adapt. As a startup, we are constantly proposing new ideas and implementing them. Every year we add something different, this keeps it fun!
- Ambitious and looking to kick start their career
- 5 GCSEs, grade 4 +
- Based in or near Milton Keynes
We know that sometimes the ‘perfect candidate’ doesn’t exist and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don’t fit all the requirements. If you’re excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we’re looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need!
We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, DSF is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under local law.
Find out more: (Optional)